TMMA Membership Benefits
Founded back in 1958, the Textile Machinery Manufacturers’ Association (India) is the premier association representing the interest of the textile machinery manufacturers in India. We are well recognized by the Government of India, and various national and international bodies. We act as a catalyst in the promotion and overall development of the Textile Engineering Industry (TEI) by influencing policy decisions and strategic developments. The association provides a number of services to its members to strengthen the competitiveness of TEI and promote ‘Made in India’ brand in important textile markets across the world.
During the last 58 years the Association has succeeded in building up an exemplary brand image for the textile engineering industry. Today, TMMA (I) is the recognized Spokesman of the textile machinery industry and enjoys consultative status with the State and Central Governments, apex industrial organizations and others.
The Association has prominent representatives on the Development Council for the Textile Machinery Industry, Working Groups set up by the Planning Commission and all other High Powered Committees and Councils announced by the Government, from time to time, to formulate policies relating to the textile engineering industry. The Association participates in the formulation of the Government policies on fiscal measures including direct and indirect taxation, trade policies and economic reforms.
The Association collects & compiles the data on import, export and production. It also disseminates the data to Government and all members. The TMMA’s website is an excellent platform for members to market & brand their products. Our quarterly e-Zine disseminates market insights and key information essential for important decision making. Member’s request for any information regarding policies, production, import, export, duties and taxes are replied on priority. Any problems of the members are taken up with the concerned Government authorities as and when brought to the notice of the Association. TMMA organizes Seminar/Workshops/Symposiums for the benefit of the members as well as the industry. The Association is also taking active interest in the field of Skill Development which would ultimately benefit all members.
TMMA encourages research and development within the industry and makes systematic efforts to effect improvement in quality on continuous basis. It had promoted a Research and Development Centre at the Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai for development of textile machinery, components and accessories. At present our ‘Hi-tech Shuttleless Rapier Loom Development Project’ at CMTI Bangalore and an upcoming ‘Common Engineering Facility Centre’ in Surat, both under the aegis of Department of Heavy industry with 80% Government funding, are the iconic projects from which a larger section of the industry is going to benefit. Doing so, we are strengthening our efforts in helping the industry enhance its business opportunities.
The Association performs better when the industry members come forward, initiate and suggest the suitable actions to be taken. The benefits of the Association can be reaped by the active members. Notwithstanding the above, the Association is ready to extend all assistance and benefits which an individual member calls for. The Association has on its roll more than 90 members which include all the major textile machinery manufacturers of the country.
The associations’ membership offers you two kinds of benefits which are.
1 : Direct Benefits
2 : Indirect Benefits
- Complementary branding on TMMA website & print materials
- Concessional participation in national & international events, seminars & workshops
- Discounted marketing, and sponsorship opportunities in our online & print media with a reach to 3000 textile machinery, & accessories manufacturers and traders in India.
- Participation in training programs & workshops – customised as well as participative
- Opportunity to visit leading industries and R&D institutes
- Organisation of delegations for export promotion
- Availability of relevant market information
- Access to import, export and production data
- Free articles, publications & research reports
- Supervision for enlistment of company’s name and clearing of subsidy of clients in ATUF scheme of Ministry of Textiles
- Assistance in promoting in-house R&D, recognition through DSIR for income tax exemption, and patent applications for technology innovations
- Guidance on doing R&D at premier R&D institutes and universities
- Sourcing and creating collaboration for technology development, acquisition and joint ventures
- Development of concept notes/ white papers for business promotion, technology development and skill development
- Arrangement of B2B networking with your domestic & overseas business counterparts
- Domestic & overseas business representation
- Consultation on taxation matters with government departments
- Liaison on industry approvals/procedural bottlenecks from various government officials
- Support in terms of Government subsidies, claims and duty reimbursements
- Your active participation for industry’s growth – a matter of pride & respect
- Industry friendly policies, schemes and representations help you reduce your tax and capital burdens
- Educational programs help you improve your brand image and provide essential manpower to the industry
- Domestic market & export promotion help you enhance your business opportunities and valuable foreign exchange to the Government
- Business networking with your industry peers opens the doors for opportunities
- Peer to peer learning helps you find solution for your industrial problems which as a standalone company you might not have got
- Your participation in our industry surveys and reports helps the industry in shaping its future course of action
For more information please visit our website www.tmmaindia.net or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Textile Machinery Manufacturers' Association (India)
5th Floor, 53, Mittal Chambers,
Nariman Point, Mumbai-400021
Tel: 91-22-22023766/ 22024238